Oxford University Business Economics Programme
OUBEP 2020 cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
However, the summer course may be cancelled but the OUBEP team is delighted to launch a brand new 6 lectures series on The Economics of a Pandemic. Starting on the 22nd of May, and every other Friday at 8.30am until the 31st of July.
Join us for a lecture and Q&A on some of the most cutting edge research on the Economic impact of COVID-19. We will look at the short and long term impact, from the labour market to supply chain and the shadow economy, and consider the effect on start-ups, growth and inequalities.
- Friday 22nd May, 8.30am (BST): “The immediate and unequal impact of the COVID crisis on individuals” Abi Adams, University of Oxford (Add to calendar)
- Friday 5th June, 8.30am (BST): “Using machine learning to predict equity returns in the time of COVID” Stephen Hansen, Imperial College Business School (Add to calendar)
- Friday 19th June, 8.30am (BST): “What can COVID testing teach us about experimenting in business?” Alex Teytelboym, University of Oxford (Add to calendar)
- Friday 3rd July, 8.30am (BST): “Startups and the macroeconomy in a pandemic” Petr Sedlacek, University of Oxford (Add to calendar)
- Friday 17th July, 8.30am (BST): “Growth an inequality after the pandemic” Gabriel Ulyssea, University of Oxford (Add to calendar)
- Friday 31st July, 1.30pm (BST): “How do we pay for it? Financial costs of crises and pandemics” Moritz Schularick, University of Bonn (Add to calendar)
You can read more about the breakfast series here.Register
About the Programme
The Oxford University Business Economics Programme is an intensive, two-week development experience for the next generation of senior leaders.
By combining high-calibre academic tuition, industry-leading keynote speakers, and a diverse group of delegates, OUBEP creates a dynamic space to explore economic theory and applications which can be used to create strategic impact.
OUBEP: The Ultimate Leadership Accelerator
Benefit and Impact
Create Global Impact
Foster a new way of thinking
Broaden Economic Perspective
Establish a first class network
Course Tutors: Faculty members from the Department of Economics at the University of Oxford support individual learning throughout the programme and facilitate discussion and analysis.
Lecturers: First-class economists selected from a variety of academic and industry-based organisations expand on theoretical ideas and provoke new thinking.
Guest Speakers: Distinguished industry-leading keynote speakers join the programme in the evenings to provide topical examples of economic theory in practice. Previous speakers have included representatives from the European Central Bank, the European Commission, The Economist, major infrastructure projects, pharmaceutical companies and a variety of NGOs.
Delegates are carefully selected to create a diverse and international forum bringing perspectives and experience from every sector and continent.
They are typically high-potential business executives and senior decision-makers in policy-making and NGO roles, who have a minimum of five years’ leadership experience.
The Ultimate leadership accelerator
Latest Tweets from @OUBEP
..Last day to sign up for the 1st lecture in our brand new series #TheEconomicsofAPandemic (you can still register for the other lectures) We can't wait to hear @abicadams share the latest on the impact of #COVID19 You couldn't ask for more recent data as the project is still live! https://t.co/xNUeeEfJqx
..RT @t8el: Come do a postdoc on darknet markets during the pandemic using amazing data with @a_baronca, @DrAngelaGallo and me! https://t.co/…